"There is no substitute for a Great Beginning"
Investing in a Ware education
Your decision to invest in an Ware education is the first step to providing your child with superior academic opportunities. We make every effort to keep Ware affordable and accessible to all families who apply. In fact, our tuition rates are less than, the rates of other Northern Neck & Tidewater private institutions.
2019-20 Tuition Rates
|3 DAY Half (K3 Only)||$4,400.00|
|3 Day Full (K3 Only)||$6,825.00|
|5 Day Half||$6,825.00|
|5 Day Full||$8,900.00|
|Kindergarten & First Grade||$9,600.00|
Variable Tuition Program
Ware Academy considers it a vital part of our mission to make our program available to students in the Middle Peninsula and Tidewater areas. Economic diversity enriches our school’s educational environment. Because the school is determined to make a Ware Academy education accessible to many families from various economic backgrounds, the school offers a Variable Tuition Program. Variable Tuition is a need-based tuition assistance program similar to those used by many private schools. This program allows families to apply for reduced tuition that is right for each families financial situation. This program is offered to any family who has a full-time, 5-Day student in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Each year the overwhelming majority of our students are re-enrolled by their families. In order to make this process more convenient for parents, Ware Academy will automatically re-enroll students for the 2019-2020 school year and each subsequent year thereafter.
IF YOUR STUDENT IS RETURNING:
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING. FACTS Payment Registration and Re-enrollment will be completed for you automatically.
- Automatic debit will occur on July 1st, 2019. Tuition worksheets will be made available in January 2019.
Your new payment plan will use your prior year selections; however, you may change to a different payment plan by contacting the Business Office. As usual, the annual fee of $45 will be charged by FACTS for monthly installment plans. You will receive confirmation of your new payment schedule from FACTS.
- APPLY WITH THE DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT. Current families planning to enroll a new sibling should complete a new student application as soon as possible. Spaces are limited in some grades.
- Tuition deposits for new siblings will be made separately at the time of their acceptance and enrollment.
IF YOU ARE WITHDRAWING OR YOU DO NOT WANT TO RE-ENROLL A STUDENT AT THIS TIME:
- YOU MUST OPT-OUT or WITHDRAW (effective end of the school year) BY February 15, 2019. Families who opt-out or withdraw from February 16 through April 30, 2019 will be responsible for payment of 50% of the tuition amount. Families who opt-out or withdraw after April 30th 2019, will be obligated to pay the full tuition amount.
- COMPLETE THE RE-ENROLLMENT OPT OUT/WITHDRAWAL FORM. After completing the form, please submit it to the school. A staff member may follow up with you.
VERIFICATION OF UPDATED IMMUNIZATIONS:
- Please provide proof of new vaccinations to be added to your child’s health record.
- Students entering the sixth grade are required by the State of Virginia to have the Td (Tetanus) booster immunization if it has been at least five years since the last tetanus containing vaccine.
GRADE PLACEMENT DECISIONS: If you are conferencing with teachers concerning grade placement decisions for the following year, your child will be automatically re-enrolled, and places will be saved in both grades until a decision is made. Final decisions should be made by the end of the school year.
VARIABLE TUITION APPLICATIONS DUE BY MAY 24, 2019: All families requesting Variable Tuition must complete a separate application each year. Families currently receiving assistance must re-apply annually by the deadline to be considered. Until a Variable Tuition application is approved, full monthly tuition is due. See Tuition Schedule for details.
Please see the Frequently asked questions for important additional information regarding payment terms, tuition and fees and refund policies. If you have questions contact the Head of School or the Business Office. We look forward to continuing to partner with you as we prepare for the next school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
The deposit due each March for returning families or upon enrollment of new families covers your Tuition Refund Insurance (2.5% of annual tuition), Aftercare fee and part of your tuition.
The Tuition Refund Plan is a unique form of insurance originated by Dewar to provide families the opportunity to protect their tuition investment in independent schools and colleges. The program refunds a portion of the unused annual tuition and insured fees when students are withdrawn or dismissed for covered reasons. The Plan's benefit extends to the school by helping to insure receipt of its budgeted tuition income. Participation in this program is Mandatory!
Families that are re-enrolled but break the agreement from February 16 through April 30, are responsible for 50% of tuition. Families who choose to opt-out of the contract after April 30th, will be obligated to pay the full tuition amount. However, for major life changes or unique circumstances, if Ware Academy can no longer meet your child’s educational needs, if we do not re-admit your child, there will be no financial penalty.