Investing In A Ware Education
Your decision to invest in a Ware education is the first step to providing your child with a strong foundation. We make every effort to keep Ware affordable and accessible to all families who apply. In fact, our tuition rates are less than the rates of other Middle Peninsula and Northern Neck.
2024-2025 Tuition Rates
Pre-Kindergarten 3 & 4 Program
3 Half Days / Week (PK3 ONLY)
3 Full Days / Week (PK3 ONLY)
5 Half Days / Week
5 Full Days / Week
Kindergarten - Eighth Grade
Kindergarten & First Grade
Second - Fourth Grades
Fifth - Eighth Grades
Variable Tuition Program
Variable Tuition Program
Variable Tuition Program
Ware Academy considers it a vital part of our mission to make our program available to students in the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula areas. Economic diversity enriches our school’s educational environment. Variable tuition makes a Ware Academy education accessible to families from various economic backgrounds.
This is a need-based tuition assistance program similar to those used by many private schools. This program allows families to apply for reduced tuition. Any family who has a full-time, 5-Day student in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade is eligible to apply for variable tuition.
Each year the overwhelming majority of our students are re-enrolled by their families. In order to make this process more convenient for parents, Ware Academy will automatically re-enroll students for the upcoming school year and each subsequent year thereafter.
IF YOUR STUDENT IS RETURNING:
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING. FACTS Payment Registration and Re-enrollment will be completed for you automatically.
- Automatic debit will occur on July 1st, 2024. Tuition worksheets will be made available in January 2024.
Your new payment plan will use your prior year selections; however, you may change to a different payment plan by contacting the Business Office. As usual, the annual fee of $45 will be charged by FACTS for monthly installment plans. You will receive confirmation of your new payment schedule from FACTS.
- APPLY WITH THE DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT. Current families planning to enroll a new sibling should complete a new student application as soon as possible. Spaces are limited in some grades.
- Tuition deposits for new siblings will be made separately at the time of their acceptance and enrollment.
IF YOU ARE WITHDRAWING OR YOU DO NOT WANT TO RE-ENROLL A STUDENT AT THIS TIME:
- YOU MUST OPT-OUT or WITHDRAW (effective end of the school year) BY February 2, 2024. Families who opt-out or withdraw from February 3 through April 30, 2024 will be responsible for payment of 50% of the tuition amount. Families who opt-out or withdraw after April 30th 2024, will be obligated to pay the full tuition amount.
- COMPLETE THE RE-ENROLLMENT OPT OUT/WITHDRAWAL FORM. After completing the form, please submit it to the school. A staff member may follow up with you.
VERIFICATION OF UPDATED IMMUNIZATIONS:
- Please provide proof of new vaccinations to be added to your child’s health record.
- Students entering the sixth grade are required by the State of Virginia to have the Td (Tetanus) booster immunization if it has been at least five years since the last tetanus-containing vaccine.
GRADE PLACEMENT DECISIONS:
If you are conferencing with teachers concerning grade placement decisions for the following year, your child will be automatically re-enrolled, and places will be saved in both grades until a decision is made. Final decisions should be made by the end of the school year.
VARIABLE TUITION APPLICATIONS DUE BY MAY 22, 2024:
All families requesting Variable Tuition must complete a separate application each year. Families currently receiving assistance must re-apply annually by the deadline to be considered. Until a Variable Tuition application is approved, full monthly tuition is due. See the Tuition Schedule for details.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions for important additional information regarding payment terms, tuition, fees, and refund policies. If you have questions contact the Head of School or the Business Office. We look forward to continuing to partner with you as we prepare for the next school year.
"There is no substitute for a Great Beginning."
Frequently Asked Questions
The deposit due each March for returning families or upon enrollment of new families is applied directly toward tuition.
Families that are enrolled but break the agreement are obligated to pay the full tuition amount.
The Variable Tuition model is a different approach to Financial Aid. Rather than focusing on a tuition grant or aid, the focus is on the level of tuition a family afford to pay. Ware Academy utilizes a third party called FACTS to assist in determining eligibility.
In the case of parents/guardians who do not live together (e.g. divorced, separated, never married), each parent/guardian household must submit an application to FACTS along with prior-year tax returns to be considered for Variable Tuition. A committee determines a family’s ability to pay by factoring in all available resources from both parents.
Ware Academy is committed to protecting the privacy of its families. All financial information received by the school is held to the strictest confidence. Only the Variable Tuition Committee has access to a family’s application materials.
Ware Academy is fully accredited, enjoying the benefits of membership with the Virginia Association of Independent Schools. Other memberships: Virginia Council of Private Education, National Association of Independent Schools, Education Records Bureau, Secondary Schools Admission Test Board, National Junior Honor Society, Independent School Management, Gloucester Chamber of Commerce and the Gloucester Main Street Association.